Tips to Prevent Hair Loss
Hair loss may be either temporary or permanent. For some it is inevitable but this can be delayed, for many it is preventable. Although it is more common in men, women also suffer from hair loss. Here is a collection of hair loss prevention tips to follow in order to keep your hair as long as possible. Feel free to add to this list.
Be good to your hair and avoid things that can harm your scalp and damage your hair follicles such as the following.
Check your family history. In some cases hair loss seems to be hereditary. If one or more of your parents or grandparents lost their hair early then that may also happen to you. In such cases it is wise to get an early start in taking care of your hair. You get better results by starting early than waiting for it to get really bad.
- Frequently dying your hair using a hair dryer, avoid heating the scalp while drying your hair.
- Complicated hair styles that pull the hair tight such as ponytail, pigtails, weaves and braids
- Perms expose your scalp to chemicals that can also lead to hair loss.
- Poor nutrition or diet
- Too much hair spray, gel or mousse can cause hair loss by clogging hair follicles.
- Stress has long been known to cause hair loss. The two easiest ways to deal with stress are getting enough sleep and regular exercise. Both will help reduce stress and the hair loss associated with it.
Products to Prevent Hair Loss
Here is a list of the products that we have reviewed for hair loss.
Feedback on Hair Loss Products
The following are links to consumer comments and feedback from those who have used these products:
If you know of a hair loss product not listed here use the form below to tell us so we can check it out. Please note that all addresses are held confidential.
Thanks for stopping by.