Sources cited in some herbal pages include the following:
- The Doctors Book of Herbal Home Remedies - Cure Yourself With Nature's Most Powerful Healing Agents, by the Editors of Prevention Health Books
- The Food Bible, by Judith Wills
- Breast Cancer, Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way, by Susun S. Weed
- The Complete Guide to Nutritional Supplements - Everything You Need To Make Informed Choices for Optimum Health, by Brenda D. Adderly, N.H.A.
- Healing With Whole Foods - Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition, by Paul Pitchford
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Center for Integrative Medicine, Alternative / Complementary Medicine Supplements database
- The Natural Pharmacy - Complete Home Reference to Natural Medicine, by Schuyler W. Lininger, Jr., Alan R. Gaby, MD, Steve Austin, ND, Donald J. Brown, ND, Jonathan V. Wright, MD, Alice Duncan, DC, CCH
- The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, by Michael Murray, ND and Joseph Pizzorno, ND, with Lara Pizzorno, N.A., L.M.T.
- The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia - Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating, by Rebecca Wood
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Michael Murray, N.D., and Joseph Pizzorno, N.D.
- The Complete Guide To Nutritional Health, by Pierre Jean Cousin and Kirsten Hartvig
- The Way of Herbs, by Michael Tierra L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing, by James F. Balch, M.D. and Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C.
- The Way of Chinese Herbs, by Michael Tierra, L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Earl Mindell's Supplement Bible, by Earl Mindell
Return to the Herb List.
For questions and answers about the side effects of herbs see the Herb Forum
If you find this page useful share it with others. Use the form below to add a side effect not listed or comments about St. John's Wort. Please note that all addresses are held confidential.
Thanks for stopping by.