Feedback and comments about herbs, page 9
This forum explores the side effects and adverse events that result from using herbs and supplements for medicine. These are the countraindications, warnings, drug/herb interactions and side effects that you should be aware of before using these supplements.
AskDocWeb: Which mint do you have in mind? There are so many varieties. Here are just a few:
- Apple Mint smells like green apples
- Chocolate Mint smells and tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream!
- Curly Mint is a spearmint scented mint with twisted leaves
- Ginger Mint smells faintly of ginger, with rounded leaves that have a lighter colored vein in the center of the leaf
- Grapefruit Mint ? has a sharp bitter taste of grapefruit
- Mountain Mint gets about 3-4 ft tall and has a mild vanilla mint scent
- Orange Mint has rounded leaves that are scented with a sharp orange peel scent
- Pennyroyal Mint ? Pennyroyal is a specialty mint most often used for keeping insects off pets. It has a high amount of pugelone, a compound that may cause uterine contractions. For this reason, it should not be used by women that are pregnant or could become pregnant.
- Pineapple Mint has fuzzy leaves that are often variegated with a cream colored edging, and it tastes and smells like pineapple
- Reginald?s Mystery ? a larger upright variety, similar in appearance to Zazu, but without the chocolate scent
- Zazu?s Mystery ? which is just like Chocolate Mint, but creeping
The market is full of products made with mint; tooth paste, chewing gum, breath fresheners, deodorant, candy and inhalers. These are just a few of the products that have mint as their base element. And of course there is also tea. What is your favorite?
Coriander leaves Side effect – High B.Pvand drowsiness.
Bay leaf causes my eyelids to swell. In meat or soup.
Levels of creatine and potassium
The article is very useful and I shared it with many With respect to Home Remedies, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder per day reduces the level of Creatinine. Pls comment is this true? On the other hand, cinnamon powder contain a high degree of potassium that affects kidneys? Being a Diabetic patient type 11 for well over 45 years, I took one teaspoon of cinnamon powder over the last 3 months and the level of creatine declined to 155 from 162. But the level of potassium increased from 5 to 5.5? Please kindly comment/advise Best Regards
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH SABJA SEEDS CAN BE TAKEN DAILY WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS
The give and take of cinnaman
Dear all, As my creatinine level was high (165), I used one teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily for a months or so. My kidney specialist found increased level of potassium? I checked the internet and found cinnamon contains high degree of potassium. In fact, the level of creatinine reduced from 165 to 160 but the level of patagium increased from 5.0 to 5.5. There are cost and benefit. Any advice is highly appreciated and valued. Thank you
Chia seed and blood pressure medicine
What happen when u take chia seed and u taking BP medicine
AskDocWeb: That depends on what type of blood pressure problem you have, too high or too low. Please read ?Warning 1? about Chia Seeds.
Chia seeds could cause your blood pressure to lower drastically if you are already dealing with low blood pressure. Make sure to ask your doctor if you are on any blood pressure medication.
Herb List – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 8 –
Last Page 9
If you find this page useful share it with others. Use the form below to request research on your favorite herb. Please note that all addresses are held confidential.